Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Memories


First, I'd like to wish all who visit this blog a Merry Christmas as well as a wonderful New Year!

Christmas is a time for celebration and for memories of past Christmas celebrations. In August of 2007, my father passed away after a long struggle with cancer. Although he looked forward to and celebrated Christmas, he wasn't the type of fellow who went all out with decorating his apartment. Actually, he usually hung out one decoration, a small Noel sign.

I miss traveling up to Toledo and visting him on Christmas Eve. In memory of my father, I've taken to hanging the same decoration in our home every Christmas Season and plan to continue doing so for as many years to come as I am able.

3 comments:

  1. Terry, Sorry for your loss. A loved one lives on in our memories. Wish you and your family all of the best in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cher. I wish you and your family and friends a wonderful New Year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss him, too. And so do the girls.

    ReplyDelete