Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flank Hawk: Reader Comments

I am like many authors. I write because I have what I believe are interesting stories to share. One thing authors appreciate is when a reader takes the time to indicate what they thought of a book or story--verbal or written.

I figured I'd share my most recent emailed comment (I mentioned David in a previous post):

Terry,
I got Flank Hawk from you last weekend at the Yellow Springs book fair, and just finished it. Fantastic book, and I cannot wait for the sequel. I love the world you created, it has some great possibilities.
Looking forward to seeing more from you.
David


Sure, there's something to money motivating a writer...hey, it helps pay the bills. But meeting a reader's expectations--that motivates a writer to do a better job next time out even more.
-

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know what you mean. I find positive feedback to be a great motivator too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I'll toss in that I really appreciated your postive comments for Flank Hawk--but you already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete