Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Angie's Out of This World Adventure (Day 2)

`
I have the privilege of hosting the second day of writer Angie Lofthouse's Out of This World Adventure which runs from May 9th through the 30th.  Great stories, great prizes, great fun!

All you need to do to participate is to read the stories and comment on the blogs where they're hosted (such as this one). Contest Rules and List of Prizes (such as $25.00 Amazon.com Gift Card) and other blogs participating can be found right HERE (and also spelled out below).

Let's get started!

The story to read is: "Getting Colder"
(which first appeared in Amazing Journeys magazine in the June 2004 issue).

Teaser: Baron would do anything to save his wife from an incurable illness, but the answer he finds will tests the limits of his strength, his faith , and his understanding.

To enter The Out of This World Adventure giveaway, click on the story title above to read the story, then come back here and answer the following question in the comments:

Who in your life would you go to any lengths to save?

Your comment will give you one entry in the grand prize drawing (includes an Amazon gift card, free book and other fun stuff!), plus one commenter on this post will win a Milky Way bar. Mmmm. Include your email address, if it isn't on your profile, so we can contact the winners.

Be sure to visit the other stops on the Adventure and good luck!

Note: "Getting Colder" is a story I selected to appear here--it's an engaging read--if you ask me! (Actually, all stories in the contest are top reads.) After reading, take the time to comment and I hope you win!
`

17 comments:

  1. Wow, again...what a great story! I am so impressed with how well you've built such a well-developed world into so small a space!

    I would, of course, go to any lengths for my children...although when I read stuff like this, I don't know how brave I would be about stepping off the path of conventional wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for hosting my story, Terry, and thanks for your comments Teri. I would also go to any lengths for my children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I would also go to any lengths to save my children, but I'd have a lot of questions while I was doing it, such as, "Is this really going to work? What if I fail? Am I doing this right? Am I even capable of doing this?" I'd probably annoy my guide half to death with all my worries; she or he would have to be very patient to work with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun contest! It's always fun to find new blogs to follow as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, LOVE this story. The problem with a short story is it always leaves me wanting MORE! Can't wait to read one of your novels! I would go to any length for my Husband and children, no matter what it meant. Thanks for the great story Ang! I'm loving this contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool story; it definitely made me stop and think for a moment.
    I like to think I'd be brave enough to do anything for the lives of my siblings and my parents and my closest friends; I love these people with all my heart. It's easy to think about it now, but I can only hope that I really do have it in me to risk everything to save someone else if it ever comes to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great story!

    As for the question - I would go to any length to save my husband, and my children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing way this short story has a well developed world. The tension was set nicely, I was never sure if this was going to end up be some kind of a con.

    I would do just about anything for most of my family, but I'm very practical, the need, reason, and end result would have to be researched and well thought out. I've made one too many quick decision that have cost dearly.

    Great story! Hope to read more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie,

    Thanks for the opportunity to host the story. Your short story "Getting Colder" is a great read!

    Glad to see so many folks reading and commenting. A cool contest idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word! Angie, you are a talented storyteller!

    I would save my family. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was an amazing story. I think all of us would want to save our families. We can do that by teaching them the way back to our Heavenly Father. I have one grandson in particular that I would like to save. He's had such a difficult life without a father in his life when he was young. Now he has a unkind step-brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm. I think maybe the missing comment was from Connie Hall. She read the stories a day or so late. Pretty sure that's who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angie, you're probably right. I think it was lost during the recent blogspot outage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I could have read the story. I'll try again another day. Family is who I'd save.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The link here to the story is still active, Sheila. It's a read you don't want to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. um apperntly i didnt comment here and i thought i did since i dont have a hysband or children i would go to any lengths to save my parents brother & sisters & their families

    ReplyDelete