Friday, June 14, 2013

One of the Cheesiest Movie Lines Ever

`
Yes, They Live definitely isn't one of the classics of 'action' science fiction movies. Yet, I still recall this line, which I guess says something. I'm not sure what.

Anyway, in this scene George Nada (Roddy Piper--a famous WWF Wrestler from the 1970s and 80s) enters a bank, stirring up trouble. He's wearing special sunglasses that allow him to see through an otherwise projected disguise that makes alien infiltrators appear human.


2 comments:

  1. It says something about me, but I love that line. Absolutely hysterically funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, it's not as memorable, at least in the average culture, as say, some Schwartzenagger or Eastwood lines, but at SF conventions, it's occasionally sounded.

      But you're right, it is down right funny. It fits Piper perfectly.

      Delete