Saturday, January 4, 2014

Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks to be a Mini-Series

`
I came across this bit information. Apparently MTV is going to produce the The Elfstones of Shannara, turning it into a mini-series. It's the sequel to The Sword of Shannara, the second book written in the popular series.

In truth, I read the first three novels in the series written by Brooks and really enjoyed the first and the second, but not so much the third. Then I read the Magic Kingdom books, two of them, and liked them well enough, but not as much as most folks seem to. Moreover, I got distracted by Donaldson's Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever trilogies, and discovered Zelazny and then Brust, and Turtledove and Moorcock...and...and...

That said, Brooks is quite a talented author with tons of fans and good stories, and the mini-series is something I'm looking forward to watching.

Here's a link for more details: ELFSTONES at MTV with Jon Favreau / SMALLVILLE Duo
`

2 comments:

  1. Well well. About time someone gave Terry Brooks a little luv. Those books were my go to books after I devoured the LOTR books. Good to hear. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My understanding is that many novels get 'optioned' by big-time authors like Brooks, but very few ever make it to the screen in any form. Great news for him, and for fantasy readers/viewers.

      Delete