Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Presentation to Illustrator Class

`
I had the opportunity to speak to a high school class (12th graders) studying Illustrator and Photoshop as part of their career track (Digital Design and Print Technologies or Information Technologies).

Based upon my experience as an author, and supplemented by their instructor's knowledge (Mr. Ralph Ash), I presented information on cover development, design and layout, including the process of working with an artist. I also discussed opportunities for further developing skills to layout/format for both print and ebooks.

A good discussion about the potential opportunities of working for publishers and/or self-publishing authors was a topic of interest.



4 comments:

  1. Would love to have been a fly on the wall...or a student at a desk. I'll bet you held their interest with an excellent presentation. That's great, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the students learned a little and realized some opportunities they hadn't considered. Thanks for reading and taking a moment to comment, Phyllis.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think it went pretty well. The students indicated to Mr. Ash afterwards that they enjoyed it.

      Delete