Friday, March 27, 2015

Results of the Iron Druid Chronicles Wallpaper Contest

`
Well, my submission earned 18th place, out of 19 winners, in author Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles Wallpaper contest. 19th out of 70+ entries isn't too shabby, especially considering my neophyte Photoshop skills.

Entrants were to select a quote from one of the works in the Iron Druid Chronicles, and match it with artwork or a picture (if the contestant desired).

The first six places will be receiving a signed copy of Shattered. The next 13 will be getting a free copy from the publisher (no author signature).

For those who might be curious, here are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place submissions:


As a reminder, here was my effort:


For my scene, I selected the Widow MacDonagh's porch (how I envisioned it), where she and the ancient druid, Atticus O'Sullivan, often shared conversation and a drink of Tullamore Dew after he finished mowing her lawn, and trimming the trees and bushes around her home.

If you haven't tried Kevin Hearne's fantasy series, I strongly recommend you do--either print, audio, or both.

2 comments: