Monday, July 25, 2016

Follow Up: River City Comic Con 2016


I had a great time at River City Comic Con, meeting readers and authors and artists and some pretty cool vendors. The only drawback was the temperature in the ballroom--it was very, very hot, making it uncomfrotable for the con-goers/visitors, as well as the authors, artists and vendors. Even worse, the cosplayers. :(

Still, there was a steady crowd of fun and interesting folks, just too hot for them to linger and talk. I strongly suspect the situation will be improved for next year.

Anyway, here are some pics from the events. Funny thing is that about 1/2 the folks who purchased books declined a pic for my blog, which is cool. I really enjoyed return readers, who picked up the next book in the series, or started another one of my series, based on the novel or two they picked up at last year's River City Comic Con.

Heck, I even made a sale (got to sign a copy of Flank Hawk) in the parking lot after the event, as I was getting ready to drive home.

Set Up Before Event

Travis and Trinity
(She removed her Cosplay outfit soon after this pic)
Nathan and Barbara

James and Jody
(Cool Shirt, eh?)
Brian
(Who indicated my books are popular on the West Coast)
 



Kraig


Richard and his Son
Katrina

Velma
(Looking into the Mystery of the Soul Forge)
Me and Kesha (of Schmo Mo News fame)

I want to again express my thanks to all of the readers willing to give my novels a try (or for coming back for more)!
 

2 comments: